Judgments and legislation
NSW Caselaw publishes judgments and decisions of all NSW courts and tribunals administered by the Department of Justice, including the Children's Court.
The Children’s Court does not publish all decisions. Please note that any decision published by the Children’s Court has been anonymised to protect the identity of the children and young people involved in the case. This means that the names used in judgments published by the Children’s Court are not the real names of the children involved in the case. The identity of adults may also be anonymised if the publication of their real name is likely to identify the children involved.
Other details such as locations may have also been changed to protect the identity of the children involved. Other courts and tribunals may also publish decisions relating to the jurisdiction of the Children’s Court such as the Supreme Court or the District Court.
You can also find out about important decisions relevant to the types of cases in the Children’s Court through Children’s Law News.
- Children's Court Act 1987
- Children's Court Regulation 2019
- Children's Court Rule 2000
- Court Security Act 2005
- Court Suppression and Non-Publication Orders Act 2010
- Evidence (Audio and Audio Visual Links) Act 1998
- Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Regulation 2012
- Children (Protection and Parental Responsibility) Act 1997
- Community Welfare Act 1987
- Children (Criminal Proceedings) Act 1987
- Children (Criminal Proceedings) Regulation 2016
- Children (Community Service Orders) Act 1987
- Children (Detention Centres) Act 1987
- Children's (Detention Centre) Regulation 2015
- Children (Interstate Transfer of Offenders) Act 1988
- Criminal Procedure Act 1986
- Crimes Act 1900
- Bail Act 2013
- Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002
- Crimes (Forensic Procedures) Act 2000
- Crimes (Administration of Sentences) Act 1999
- Crimes (Sentencing Procedures) Act 1999
- Crimes (Appeal and Review) Act 2001
- Criminal Records Act 1991
- Young Offenders Act 1997